|Research Projects (excludes current working papers)|
Welcome to my Research Projects page!
To protect my intellectual property, I have listed brief descriptions of each project below. If you'd like to learn more, feel free to contact me via LinkedIn by clicking here!
Digital Marketing Projects:
1) The Sky Above: An Investigation into the Visual Dimensions of the Sky
- Did you know that the sky can influence your online shopping habits even while you are inside? This project investigates this fascinating phenomena.
2) Online Product-Environment Congruence
- This research suggests that many companies are inefficiently presenting their products to consumers both in their online digital spaces and in their offline print advertisements.
3) Visual Perspectives and Presence
- I investigate a discrepancy between priming and directly manipulating visual perspective and suggest a third factor, presence, which explains this discrepancy and allows both researchers and managers to more accurately study visual perspective.
4) Social Media Platforms
- As social media platforms rise and fall faster than we can research them. I suggest a model of social media platforms which predicts changing consumer behavior on each new platform without the need to research that platform independently.
Social Good Projects
5) Reducing Sugar Consumption
- Overconsumption of sugar is a common, yet often overlooked issue in today's world. I utilize the evolving view of "the self" in today's digital world to suggest a new approach to reduce sugar consumption.
6) Dissertation Extensions
- My dissertation helps to bridge biodiversity conservation and marketing and, as a result, opens the door for many research opportunities that I am pursuing.
- Investigating how the specific touch attributes (e.g., soft or hard) of an animal/plant influences consumer behavior.
- Expanding the use of contingent valuation in environmental protection to investigate willingness to donate time to a cause.
- Using my industry connections to investigate the effectiveness of exhibit signage to encourage environmental protection efforts.
- Exploring the potential three-way interaction of gender, flora and fauna, and haptic imagery in future research.
- Evaluating the role that processing fluency plays in driving the effectiveness of haptic imagery manipulations.
- Expand our understanding of haptic imagery in a broader context by investigating its impact on consumers when using harmful plants and animals.
- Explore the role that empathy plays in driving environmental protection efforts.
7) Immersive Virtual Environments (IVE): A Whole New World
- I discuss internal vs external validity and show how IVEs can be used as a marketing tool for both managers and academics.
8) Priming and Experimental Manipulations
- I investigate the reason we conduct experimental manipulations and suggest an alternative approach that may help improve our understanding of marketing phenomena.